I’m constantly looking for and creating new small bites for holidays, parties, Sunday suppers, tailgates, etc. Who doesn’t love an afternoon or evening of cocktails, cold beer and appetizers?? I like to make things that don’t require a ton of work, but taste like a million bucks with the convenience of friends/guests being able to grab-and-go with something. Think of it as “what can I pick up and eat while never putting my drink down”! Behold, the best stuffed mushrooms below…
BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 2 Quarts White Button Mushrooms
- 2 8-ounce Bricks Cream Cheese
- 6 Ounces Real Bacon Bits
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbs. Parsley Flakes
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Lay out cream cheese to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and stem mushroom. If there are thick ribs on the underside, scoop out with a spoon. Place on paper towels and blot dry.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to mix cream cheese, bacon bits, parmesan and garlic powder until well combined.
- Using a spoon, fill and smooth a teaspoon or more of filling in each mushroom. These should be mounded, but not overfilled. A good rule of thumb is that the filling should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the mushroom cap.
- Continue filling and place mushrooms on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake mushrooms at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the filling has browned on top.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. These can also be transported but place a few paper towels in the bottom of your contained as they will seep liquid as they cool.
You’re going to love the earthy, creamy and salty bite of these mushrooms! The recipe above will fill a large cookie sheet, but you can easily cut this recipe in half or double it depending on your event. Oh, and if you have any filling left over, it’s ridiculously good on a toasted everything bagel. Now go get that party started. Dig in!