Couscous is a great option for a side dish or main dish because it takes on flavor really well. Surprised that an Italian loves small pasta balls?? Seriously though, this Mediterranean version is a great side dish or main dish with the addition of a protein like chicken or fish. It’s easy to make, versatile and delicious!
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided in half
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 Small Tomatoes, Seeded and Diced
- 1/2 Cucumber, Seeded and Diced
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Place water and 2 Tbs olive oil in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve.