There’s a kosher deli in Cincinnati that makes egg and tuna salad to die for. And when I can’t get to Marx Bagels in Blue Ash, I gotta get my fix making the best I can at home. Given the Easter holiday and a surplus of hard boiled eggs I had to perfect my own version at home. Now, I’ll never replace the witty banter sitting at Marx’s counter, but I can definitely get on board with this egg salad recipe!
THE BEST EGG SALAD
- 1 Dozen Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Grated Carrot
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Celery Seed
- Peel and rinse eggs and set on a towel to dry.
- Coarsely chop eggs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add carrot, mayonnaise and dijon mustard and stir together until well combined.
- Season with salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir until incorporated.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If you like your egg salad a little wetter or drier, just adjust the mayonnaise to your taste. It’s tough to not love the simplicity of this recipe on its own or made into an amazing sandwich on toasted rye or a chewy bagel. Make some for lunches this week or for your next picnic outing. Dig in!