Want to serve loaded baked potatoes to a crowd without everyone having to top their own spud? This tasty recipe requires just a little prep and feeds a lot of people. Delicious loaded crispy potatoes with a hint of ranch flavor will be sure to satisfy your family and friends at your next gathering. They’re equally perfect with steaks on the grill or as appetizers for a party or the big game.
LOADED RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
- 6-8 Medium Russet Potatoes (depending on size)
- 2 Tbs. Canola Oil
- 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Bacon Bits
- 4 Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly under cold water and set aside to dry. Cut into 2-inch cubes, leaving skin on.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with canola oil. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix over potatoes and toss again to evenly coat.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. The spray will prevent sticking due to the ranch mix – DON’T SKIP THIS STEP!
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked potatoes with cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Every time we make these they are a huge hit! Serve with sour cream for topping. Want to mix it up a little bit? Try substituting 3 Tbs. of taco seasoning for the ranch and use a combination of cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Serve with jalapeños and hot sauce – instant fiesta! I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with. Try them for your next Sunday supper or for a Masters watch party this weekend. Dig in!