Another “fancy” party food, but so easy to prepare, is this steak crostini I came up with for our last boutique private party. When you think about finger food that you can walk-and-go with, you want savory, creamy, crunchy and a little intense on flavor. I purposely make the spread heavy on flavor to stand up to the crostini and red meat. Wait until you try these!
STEAK CROSTINI WITH SCALLION CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- 8-10 Ounce Strip Steak
- 1/2 French Baguette
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 5-6 Green Onions, Sliced
- 1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Grain Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven on broil setting.
- Slice baguette into 1/2″ slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place under the broiler for 4-6 minutes until lightly brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Season strip steak with garlic salt and pepper or your favorite seaoning. Grill or sear in cast iron to desired doneness. 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare depending on the thickness of the steak.
- Remove from heat/grill and allow steak to rest. Once cooled, place in fridge to cool completely.
- In a food processor, place cream cheese, scallions, garlic, mustard, parmesan and Worcestershire sauce. Pulse until combined well and completely smooth. Let your cream cheese come to room temperature first for best results!.
- **All of the above steps can be done the same day or a day ahead of time.
- When ready to assemble, slice steak into as thin slices as possible.
- Spread each crostini with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture and top with steak. This should make 20-24 pieces.
- Assemble these only 1-2 hours before serving to ensure crostini remain crisp!
Serve these immediately for best results. Feel like you want to mix it up? Try different seasonings on your steak or in your cream cheese mixture – you could easily take this in a latin direction or cajun direction, etc. What I am sure of is that everyone will devour this recipe and flood you with compliments for the diversion from the typical. Dig in!!