Memorial Day Weekend is always a blast whether you’re cooking out at home, sitting by the pool or camping with family – like we are this weekend! There’s plenty of time to eat healthy all year long, so take the holiday opportunity to dive into these fantastic dips. They are both fatty, decadent and will absolutely make you a hit at any party you pop in on!
PIMENTO CHEESE DIP
- 1 Lb Block Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 4 Oz Jar Pimentos
- Use the largest holes on a box grater and shred cheddar cheese. DO NOT buy shredded cheese. The anti-caking agent and shape will not give you the right taste or consistency.
- In a bowl, mix together shredded cheese, mayonnaise and drained pimentos.
- This dip tastes best if you let it chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve this dip with your favorite crackers, crusty bread, celery or other veggies. It is also delicious on top of a burger or as the filling for a grilled cheese!
- 2 Lbs Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 16 Oz Sour Cream
- 16 Oz Mayonnaise
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes
- Dice bacon into small pieces and render until brown and crispy in a non-stick pan. DO NOT use thick cut bacon here as it doesn’t provide the right consistency. Cutting the bacon raw and then rendering makes it really easy vs. frying strips and then crumbling.
- Remove bacon from grease and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Seed and cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch dice. Add to mayo mixture.
- Stir in cooled bacon pieces and allow to chill for 2 hours before serving.
OK, so there’s no lettuce, but BLT is what we’ve always called this dip! It’s fantastic with Fritos, Triscuits or butter crackers. Any way you try it, you’ll love it…and your friends/family will love you for bringing it! Happy Memorial Day all!
3 thoughts on “Pimento Cheese Dip and BLT Dip”
Making the BT dip now. This will be great for the camping weekend!
LikeLiked by 1 person
As expected, everyone at the campground loved the BLT dip! Easy to make and delicious. We tried it with a variety of crackers and they were all great!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Pimento Cheese Pinwheels – Knife and Fork Living