Football season is in full swing and we’re constantly making snacks for a Saturday or Sunday game while we cheer on our favorite teams. And while I love trying new things, it’s sometimes the old standby that makes for the perfect appetizer to watch a winner. This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip is hot and spicy and perfect to feed a crowd. While I’ve had many variations, this is the one I like most.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- 2 8-Ounce Bricks Cream Cheese
- 1 16-Ounce Bottle Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 12-Ounce Cans White Meat Chicken or 1 1/2 Lbs. Pulled Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 16-Ounce Bottle Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, spread cream cheese into an even layer.
- Pour a thin layer of buffalo sauce over the cream cheese to completely cover. Use your favorite brand here. You will only need half to three-fourths of the bottle to cover. Add more or use a hot version for spicier dip.
- Cover buffalo sauce with a single layer of chicken. Canned works fine here, but a store-bought rotisserie chicken is even better for more flavor and a mixture of white and dark meat.
- Pour the entire bottle of ranch dressing over chicken in an even layer.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing with garlic powder.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted and it’s bubbling on the sides.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, Fritos and/or celery sticks for dipping.
Yes, that’s all there is to it. And it’s easy to change it up with different flavors of buffalo dip or blue cheese dressing instead of ranch. Tailgating, on the sofa or by the pool, you’ll make this again and again for the big game – or even the not-so-important game. It’s just that good. Dig in!