Who doesn’t love the crunchy-cool combo of taco dip while watching a big game? I’ve made and eaten a lot of versions in the past, but I do love this cold combination versus a baked one. It’s perfect for transporting or tailgating as well since you don’t have to worry about keeping it warm.
LAYERED TACO DIP
- 1 16-Ounce Can Refried Beans
- 2 Tbs. Water
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Envelope Taco Seasoning
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
- 3 Small Tomatoes, Seeded and Diced
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips or Fritos
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish, place refried beans, water and half of the taco seasoning. Mix well and then spread into an even layer in pan. The water helps to loosen the beans and make them more “dippable”.
- Put the remaining taco seasoning into sour cream container and mix well. Spread in an even layer on top of beans.
- Sprinkle green onions on sour cream mixture. Top with lettuce and then finally with diced tomato.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Serve with chips for dipping.
This is a popular dish every time we take it somewhere! I do love using Fritos Scoops with it, but good sturdy restaurant-style tortilla chips are great too. Once you taste it, you’ll know that anything you put in it is a winner! Try it for your next tailgate or at your Halloween party this weekend. Dig in and enjoy!