Preparing for Halloween festivities this weekend most-likely includes carving a few pumpkins. I’m always nostalgic when doing so – scooping out the orange “guts” and then roasting pumpkin seeds. Who doesn’t love warm crunchy-salty seeds right from the oven?? Try this recipe today or tomorrow when you’re making your scary creations.
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 2 Cups Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash and dry pumpkin seeds.
- Place seeds on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. They should be dry and slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle dry ingredients over seeds and toss on cookie sheet to evenly coat them.
- Place back in oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool. They will store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Enjoy your pumpkin seeds as a snack or as a great addition to salads. Simple, delicious and a reminder of the last day of October and the beginning of the upcoming holiday season. Dig in and be safe trick-or-treating!!