If you’re looking for a fresh light alternative to heavy appetizers or accompaniments for wine and cocktails, give this crostini recipe a try. Just a few ingredients simply prepared make for a perfect combination of creamy, crunchy, salty and sweet. We had a similar dish at a restaurant in Over The Rhine and have since made it a regular snack for friends, family at home and at the campground. Find a glass of sauvignon blanc or a mediterranean mojito and try some yourself!
RICOTTA & HONEY CROSTINI
- 1 Fresh Baguette, Sliced in 1/2″ Slices
- 8 Oz. Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Peeled
- 3 Tbs. Wildflower Honey
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Brush both sides of the sliced baguette with olive oil. Grill for 30-45 seconds per side until slightly toasted and crisp.
- Remove bread from the grill and immediately rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove. The goal here is to lightly flavor the slices with the oil from the garlic rather than overwhelm the flavor with it.
- Smear a tablespoon of ricotta cheese on each slice and arrange on your serving platter of choice.
- Drizzle entire platter with honey and then sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Like a lot of my recipes, this is a great base from which to make any variations you like. Want a little spice? Try using red pepper flakes. Want to go a little more Greek? Use some lemon zest and dill. I’d love to hear any ideas you come up with that you’re really proud of. Dig in and enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Ricotta & Honey Crostini”
I’ve been watching your posts and many others for a while. I have this big family Christmas party every year where about 45 people gather. I am always looking for different things to serve. I thank you for this recipe. It may be simple, but It looks elegant.
LikeLiked by 1 person
We have lots of large family holidays too! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the recipes…
I’m looking for some new, yet easy finger foods for this year. I’ve about exhausted my ideas and I hate to do the same thing every year. Any ideas?
Do I have ideas?? I will be posting several recipes this weekend for pick-up-and-go appetizers. I have lots of ideas, but am happy to hear what food your family likes before making more recommendations. I think both of these will be perfect for you though…stay tuned!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have made cheese toast, shrimp toast, a variety of mini quiche, crab and artichoke puffs, cheese sticks, and just about anything I could find in a book. I will take any ideas you have. Thank you. 🙂