Football season is always a great excuse to indulge in some great fattening appetizers while taking in your favorite games. We’ve had this bagel dip in our regular snack rotation for years! You’ll love the creamy savory taste of this cool dip with just the right bite of garlic and onion. Simple in ingredients, I usually offer some variances for you to try. However, don’t mess with success on this one, it’s perfect just the way it is.
TANGY BAGEL DIP
- 2-8 Ounce Bricks Cream Cheese
- 10 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Pub Cheese
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
- 4-5 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Dozen Bagels
- Place room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and mix with hand mixer until smooth.
- Add pub cheese and mix again until combined. Any brand works well – Kraft and many grocery store brands are available.
- With a spatula, stir in garlic salt and green onions until distributed evenly.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Cut or tear your favorite bagels into pieces. We like to use everything and onion bagels.
I suppose if you want to be a little healthy, you could always dip veggies instead of bagels. I think celery and radishes would be great with these ingredients. Otherwise, grab a cold beer and dig in and enjoy!