I love breakfast for any meal any day of the week. Who doesn’t like pancakes for dinner?? Things can get a little boring sometimes so I like to mix it up with this great recipe for my breakfast stromboli. Gooey cheese, creamy eggs and salty ham all wrapped up in a pizza dough crust is perfect for breakfast on the go or a hearty dinner.
- 1 Tube Prepared Pizza Dough
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cooked Ham
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Poppy Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add diced ham and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until onions and ham are browned.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and then pour over ham and onions. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly. When your scramble is cooked and dry, remove from pan to a dish and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza dough and spread out to cover a standard cookie sheet.
- Place scrambled eggs, ham and onions lengthwise down the middle of the dough. Leave 2 inches at each end to fold over.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture and then fold dough together. Pinch to seal seam.
- Fold ends of dough over to seal and then turn the entire stromboli over on cookie sheet so the seam side is down.
- Cut 3-4 slits in the top to vent while cooking. Brush or spray lightly with oil and then sprinkle with salt and poppy seeds.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until golden brown and dough is cooked through. You need to bake a little longer than you think because the wet mixture inside will keep the dough from cooking quickly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be made as a whole stromboli or could be made into smaller individual servings for eating on the go. Once you get the process down, you can change up the flavors to your liking. Try using spicy sausage and cream cheese instead of ham and cheddar. Shredded chicken and diced tomatoes, spinach and swiss cheese are a great combination as well. I’m sure you’ll love it and so will your family. Dig in!!