It’s been a long time since I’ver posted, but trust that I’ve been both cooking and eating with my regular enthusiasm! We recently went camping and were looking for something fresh and easy for dinner – who needs another hot dog on a stick, right?! These open-faced salmon BLT’s were simple, delicious and easy to make with minimal mess. Try them at home for a busy weeknight or as a wonderful weekend brunch.
OPEN-FACED SALMON BLT’S
- 1 Lbs. Fresh Salmon Filet
- 4 Sliced Ciabatta Bread
- 8 Slices Crisp Cooked Bacon
- 2 Avocados
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Fresh Bibb Lettuce
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Water
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Chives, Chopped
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dijon mustard, water, chives and a dash each of salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and place in refrigerator.
- Remove skin and pit from avocado. Dice and place both avocados in a small bowl. Add lime juice, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Smash together with fork until mixture is slightly lumpy. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Salt and pepper the salmon filet. Grill or pan sear until cooked through – about 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Remove salmon from grill and let rest. Place ciabatta on grill and toast both sides for 30-45 seconds until browned. You can also use a toaster here.
- To assemble sandwiches: smear each piece of toasted bread with 1/4 of the avocado mixture. Add two slices of bacon per piece, then layer with tomato, Bibb lettuce and 1/4 of cooked salmon.
- Drizzle each sandwich with dijon/mayo mixture and serve immediately.
I hope you love this easy dish as much as we did! It could easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group, but still doesn’t require a ton of work. Whether outdoors on the grill or made in your kitchen, you’ll add this to your summer meal rotation for sure. Dig in!