Looking for a little something sweet and satisfying to go with your morning coffee? Try this take on a run-of-the-mill zucchini bread recipe. With sour cream for moistness and semi-sweet chocolate chips this sweet bread is perfect for breakfast, dessert or your upcoming 4th of July picnics!
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Mace
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is creamy.
- Add vanilla, oil and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Drain grated zucchini in a colander and stir into mixture until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, mace and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until well combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into a buttered and floured bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is a very simple recipe that can be made with variations. Try substituting 1 cup chopped walnuts for the chocolate chips or a half cup drained crushed pineapple and a half cup raisins for the chocolate chips. I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with and how they turn out. Dig in and enjoy!!