Let the holiday cookie-making continue! My wife introduced me to one of her favorites back when we were dating and they quickly became one of my favorites too. Here’s the twist, there’s no coconut in them! The interesting combination of instant mashed potato flakes and coconut flavoring will fool anyone. And you will absolutely love the crispy edges and chewy middles with a hot chocolate or coffee by the fireside.
- 1 Package or 1 1/3 Cups Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Bisquick (or similar baking mix)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Margarine, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Flavoring
- In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add coconut flavoring and mix well.
- Add egg and beat well with an electric mixer.
- Stir in Bisquick and potato flakes, with a spoon, until mixture comes together.
- Cover and chill cookie dough in refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and put cookies on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Store in a covered container.
Simple, weird and totally delicious! Try making a batch of these this year for something a little different on your cookie platter. I hope you love them as much as we do. Dig in!