There’s no cookie more iconic than chocolate chip! And I’ve had an awesome variety of big, small, crispy, chewy and more that have all been fantastic. This recipe though is a little twist on your favorite. With a chewy consistency and the addition of butterscotch chips, they’re a great take on the American classic. If you can pull yourself away from your go-to family recipe, give these a try this holiday season – or any time of year for that matter…
BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 Cup Butter-Flavored Shortening
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 6 Ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Ounces Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Using a spoon, fold in both types of chips until evenly distributed.
- Use a 1-inch cookie scoop or drop by spoonful onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Even if you’re not a huge butterscotch fan you’re going to love these cookies. And maybe, just maybe, they might become your new family favorite. Get a glass of ice cold milk and belly up to the kitchen table for a few. Dig in!
One thought on “Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Pingback: Chippy Ice Cream Sandwiches – Knife and Fork Living