It seems like cauliflower is everywhere these days! From pizza crust to faux fried rice to “steaks” on the grill, everyone is obsessed with it. I’m not quite on the bandwagon wholeheartedly, but I do love it both raw and cooked. We’re going through a kitchen remodel and have limited resources for prep and cooking. So I came up with the recipe below to accompany grilled chops and dirty just one bowl and cookie sheet. If you’re looking for a savory alternative to carbs for your next meal, give this smokey-garlicky recipe a try!
GARLICKY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash cauliflower thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Cut out the core, cut into 2″ florets and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle cauliflower with olive oil and stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over cauliflower and stir again to coat everything in the spices.
- Pour cauliflower onto a foil-lined cookie sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
There’s no rocket science to this recipe, but simple ingredients expertly prepared always make a delicious dish! You’ll love this side with your favorite grilled or roasted meat or fish. Try making a variation of this using five spice powder and brown sugar instead of garlic powder and smoked paprika. I’d love to hear other ideas you have. Dig in!