I love a good party and even more so love great party snacks! Appetizers can fall into a rut of traditional dips and platters of veggies. I love small bites so I have TONS of great take-and-eat appetizer recipes. Try this recipe for perfect southwest bites – it might just be a hit for your picnic today or a party in the near future! Either way, I’m sure it will be a new favorite to add to your go-to recipe box…
- 1 Package Large Flour Tortillas (10)
- 3 8-Ounce Bricks of Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 5-6 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Small Can Chopped Green Chiles, Drained
- 1 Cub Shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Jar Salsa (for dipping)
- Set out cream cheese to come to room temperature. Place in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add taco seasoning and chiles and mix with mixer until incorporated.
- Add green onions and cheese and thoroughly mix with hand mixer. Use a spatula to scrape sides of the bowl and make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- With a spatula, spread cream cheese filling in a thin layer (about 1/4 inch) on each tortilla and then roll up. This amount of filling should cover 10 tortillas.
- Place rolled tortillas in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Cut ends off of chilled rolls and then slice into 1-inch slices. Arrange on a platter by themselves or around a small bowl.
- Serve with your favorite salsa for dipping.
These small bites pack a lot of flavor and provide the right combination of creamy and spicy. Want to kick it up a notch? Try using pickled jalapeño instead of green chiles. Don’t like taco seasoning? Try using ranch dressing mix. There’s a lot of possibilities and all of them will be crowdpleasers. Dig in!