Spring brings a multitude of fresh vegetables and one of my favorites is spicy radishes. As a snack, on a salad or in this simple recipe, the crunch and sharp bite are something I crave! Here, they are the star of the show and a different preparation than you may have tried. I know you’ll love it as much as I do though!
SPRING RADISH TOAST
- French Country White Bread or Baguette
- 8-10 Spring Radishes
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- Fleur de Sel
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast lightly under a broiler.
- Remove from oven when light golden brown and allow to cool.
- Wash, trim and slice radishes into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- Use a knife or spatula to spread a visible layer of butter on each toast. You’ll want the toast cool so the butter doesn’t melt.
- Arrange radish slices in a single layer on top of each slice.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve immediately.
There’s just something about the crusty bread, creamy butter, spicy crisp radishes and crunchy salt that makes the perfect bite! This is a wonderful appetizer or finger sandwich for a shower or party. Elegant and rustic at the same time, you’ll want to make them again and again. Dig in!