What a great Memorial Day weekend we had! Perfect weather, swimming, grilling and fantastic food from friends and family made it a great three days. One of the many dishes I made for one of the celebrations was veggie pizza. A soft-baked crust, creamy ranch spread and fresh cut veggies, and a little optional bacon, make this a tasty grab-and-go snack.
- 2 Rolls Crescent Sheets
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets, Chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 6 Strips Crispy Bacon, Chopped (optional)
- Spread crescent sheets on a large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over baked crescent crust.
- Top the mixture evenly, and all the way to the edge, with each of the toppings.
- Finish pizza by sprinkling bacon on top. Of course, this is completely optional if you would rather it be meat-free.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve. Do not make this a day ahead as the crust will get soggy if it sits too long.
This recipe is delicious and versatile. The crust and spread make a great base for any seasonal vegetables. Think about using crispy radish slices or a variety of peppers. Utilize your herb garden and sprinkle some fresh parsley or chives on as well. I hope you give it a try and share any of your ideas with me. Dig in!